- Adbusters Media Foundation: Produces spoof ads, uncommercials, and media critiques in an attempt to "clean up advertising amd consumerism's polluting effects on the mental and physical environment.
- Children Now: The latest study from this research group is "Boys to Men: Media Messages About Masculinity." Previous studies include "A Different World: Children's Perspectives on Race and Class in the media."
- Just Think Foundation. Helps kids think seriously about the adds they see on television and elsewhere in the media.
- Media Education Foundation: Produces award-winning, highly critical, high school and college level videos featuring media scholars like Jean Kilbourne and Noam Chomsky, bell hooks, and Naomi Wolf.
- Media Literacy Online Project. This is probably the best place on the Web for resources related to the influence of media in the lives of children, youth, and adults.
- PBS Online: Provides lesson plans centered around many of its programs that focus on media's role in society.